Why People Don't Care About Audi G28

Why People Don't Care About Audi G28

Reina 0 5 05.05 19:31
How to Replace an audi tt key fob G28 Engine Speed Sensor

In this video Charles the Humble Mechanic demonstrates how to replace the G28 engine speed sensor. This sensor is located on the outside of the transmission over the flywheel gear. It transmits a signal the ECU via an uncolored wire (T55/49), then to the tachometer located in the instrument cluster.

Mitsubishi-Motors-New.png1. Engine Speed Sensor

Located on the edge of the transmission, above the flywheel ring gear G28 Engine Speed Sensor sends signals to ECU pin T55/49 via a grey wire. The ECU utilizes this information to control boost and fuel. It also sends an alert to the G5 Tachometer within the instrument cluster.

The sensor is used as a reference point to connect with the G40 Camshaft Position Sensor. The ecu needs to know when the crankshaft is TDC and where the camshaft is so it can start spark and injectors according to the situation.

If this sensor fails, the ECU will show the P00160 error, which means the Crank Shaft and Intake Camshaft aren't in sync and possibly indicating the chain is stretched or a jump link on the upper timing chain. However, the code won't appear on its own without additional information from other sensors (G4 and G40).

It can be a bit difficult to test as there are several pins on the connector and each has its own functions. The most effective method to test it is to measure the resistance between the ECU and the sensor. It should read around 1000 ohms when the sensor is at full operation. If you're experiencing issues with this part, check for signs of oil or coolant in the connector bay.

2. Injectors

Yesterday, when i was accelerating to the fullest speed from highway paytoll, I experienced massive power loss like the engine is running out of gas or injectors are not firing at all. I pulled out the spark plugs this morning and found that 3 were drenched in gasoline and the fourth was unclean. When I start the engine without sparks i put tissue on top of each injector hole, the 3 drenched with gazoline pop out, but the 4th stay closed. I tested the ground connection of ECU pins 14,30 and 48/55. I got 0ohm. I'm assuming the issue is in another place.

I also tried to reset the PID without success. The car will start when the G28 is unplugged, and it runs fine with the G28 plugged in. However, the intermittent misfire problem continues to occur at higher RPM. The coolant sensor (G62) even when it is unplugged, shows temperatures of -49c. I also noticed that the oil gauge in the cockpit shows 2 bar but the actual pressure is 0.

I'm not sure what to do, i think i've pretty much completely ruled out all other possibilities. I'm worried that i might have missed something. If anyone has suggestions, please share them! TIA!

3. Fuel Pump

The fuel pump of the g28 receives a signal from the RPM sensor. The GM-style transmitter is similar to the G4 sender, and both operate on the 80,100,200, UrS, and RS2 vehicles. It is easy to find an extra in a wrecking shop or a parts store. Testing them is easy - put your DMM in resistance mode and measure the resistance between pins 1 (with the bump on the connector's side up) and 2 (2nd from the left on the black connector's side). They must be infinite Ohms.

4. ECU

Our 20vt turbo (3B AAN, ABY and ADU) engines are equipped with an ECU that has to be aware of the speed and position of the crankshaft to make a decision about timing of the fuel injectors, etc. It utilizes a Crank Position Sensor G4 and an Engine Speed Sensor G28 to achieve this. If you encounter a problem with either of these, the diagnostic scanner will show codes that could cause an engine shutdown.

Some of the symptoms of a malfunctioning G28 sensor include an inaccurate rev counter for the gearbox and gears that shift faster than normal and/or a misfire when you're in gear. If you have any of these issues, it is likely that your sensor is going bad and needs replacing. The good news is they are very affordable and readily available, especially if you're looking at a Bosch sensor, which is what we have. Alternatively, the GM version of this part is also a great option.

5. Tachometer

A faulty engine speed sensor could be the reason behind numerous issues with your vehicle. It's an essential component of the transmission of your audi keyless entry since it sends information to the ECU about how fast or slow the car's engine is turning. If this sensor fails, it will disrupt the performance of the transmission, as well as the rest of the car's components.

The G5 engine sensor is located at the edge of the transmission, over the flywheel ring. It sends a signal via a gray wire to the ECU pin T55/49. The ECU then processes this signal to regulate the flow of fuel, timig and boost, and also sends it on to the G5 tachometer inside the instrument cluster. You can check for sensor failure by examining the continuity of the sensor programming Audi key to the tachometer. You can also verify continuity between pin T55/49 of the ECU and pin T6a/1 of the instrument cluster (trace [79trace [79]), and between pin T6a/1 and pin T26a/12. You should see approximately 1000 ohms of resistance between those two pins. This is a common feature across the Programming Audi Key 80-100-200-RS2 model, ranging from the 1985 MC all the way up to the 1997 UrS AN and the 1995 RS2 Du So, you may find good ones in wrecking yards.

Comments

커뮤니티

최근글

새댓글

Facebook Twitter GooglePlus KakaoStory NaverBand
커뮤니티

상담신청하기

메일문의하기

CS Center

월-금 : 9:30 ~ 17:30
토/일/공휴일 휴무
런치타임 : 12:30 ~ 13:30